Tuesday 15 October 2013

A very Vintage Birthday, Part 2: Sandgate Kustom Krafts Market and picnicking

I didn’t get to spend much time with my parents on my actual birthday, so on Sunday a few days later, we had part 2 of my birthday celebrations. In the morning, my lovely mum and I dressed up in vintage fabulousness and headed down to the Sandgate Bowls Club for the KustomKrafts Market. 

I’m sad that this is the last market at the Bowls club and hope that the market’s new location is just as close to home as this! We wandered around the stalls, and at every stand I went to, I got more and more excited about one of my birthday presents, a sewing machine! Why? Because I was seeing a lot of gorgeous things that now I have a machine, I’ll be able to make myself. 
After the markets, we headed for home, made sandwiches and packed up my vintage picnic basket and headed off to Scarborough for a picnic. Family picnics are my most favourite weekend pastime. I think sandwiches taste about a million times better outside and I love that Mum and Dad and I can soak up the sun and have a nice time, but also, that the dog can come with us too.


My dad is learning to fly, so after lunch we went for a drive to the Redcliffe Airport, where I was super excited to see a Tiger Moth sitting by a hanger. I desperately, desperately want to have a pinup photo shoot with one of these babies! 


The picnic and the drive was a perfect end to a pretty perfect weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment