Friday 23 May 2014

I did it!!

I've spent the last week on cloud nine. Partly, because my new allergy medication has turned me into the sort of person who sleeps with their eyes open during the day, but mostly because the unexpected happened…

I’m a finalist in Miss Cooly Rocks On.

For me, this is a huge deal. Like many people, I have struggled with confidence and body image all my life and while I am generally very positive about myself these days, like everyone, this waivers constantly. I’ve gone through so many style changes in my life and I don't know if I'll keep dressing this way, but what I do know is I've never felt more comfortable in my own skin than I do now.

Being chosen to compete on stage as someone who embodies vintage glamour is a nice boost.

If you're in Queensland and can get to Coolangatta on the 7th of June, please buy a ticket and come and cheer me on! And make sure you're following my Facebook page, Miss Mickey M, for all the happenings up to the pageant.




No comments:

Post a Comment