Friday 29 May 2015

Mod girl

You all know by now that the pinup style has my heart. But my love of vintage and retro extends a bit further forward than just the 40s and 50s. I've got quite a few dresses that are 60s and 70s and I have a growing obsession with the mod style, particularly since I discovered Closet Mod and Uncle Phuncle.

Back in February, I jumped at the chance to be a part of a mod-themed shoot day. I dragged out my platform shoes, shift dresses and gogo boots and headed off to the Retro Bar in Kenmore where Kat of My Little Rockabilly transformed me from pinup doll to mod girl and Kelly of Pinned Photography taught me the basics of 60s posing and snapped these glorious (if I do say so myself) pictures.

My dress was made by Closet Mod
It was surprising how much I had to change about how I usually pose for pictures; there were no hip cocking, no 's' shapes, or cheesecake faces. It was all about sharp angles, big eyes and stiffer hand positions than I am used to. It took a lot of coaching from Kelly and Kat, but that's exactly why these shoot days are awesome when you're working outside your comfort zone.

I loved every second of this shoot; the girls created a fun, happy environment and I knew before I saw the pictures that it was going to be love.

Len Vogue dress was thrifted here

I still can't share many of these pictures because we've submitted a bunch to magazines. And while I'm waiting to hear back from a couple, I'm so excited that two of them are now published in the most recent edition of Adore pinup magazine! Click here to get your copy now (I had to resist the urge to buy ALL THE COPIES!) It's the edition with Sina King on the front cover.


Hopefully I'll be able to share some more pictures soon (in another publication!!), 

No comments:

Post a Comment