Tuesday 24 November 2015

Working from home = t-shirts & leggings



This year has been one of big change. I lost my job back in July, I went to America again (which always, even when it's not planned, seems to spark deep philosophical questions about my life when I get back), and then the big one, I started two new jobs, both of which don't require me to spend every day in an office.

While that works for me in many ways (though I have no trouble keeping busy), the one thing I love one day and hate the next is that working from home doesn't exactly encourage me to get out of bed in the morning and be creative with my outfits. In many ways, I feel like I should be more creative than I was in an office because I'm not limited by any office conventions (like low tops and singlet sleeves for example), but who wants to work in their beautiful pinup gear when the only people to see your outfit most days is the dog? 

So I've gone completely in the other direction. That is, my pjs have become my uniform. To counteract being slobby and gross (and being ashamed of answering the door when the postman comes), I've been working on some dressed, but comfy work-from-home outfits and hairstyles that don't involve getting dressed to the nines. 90% of which centre around my Black Milk leggings. The way I see it is, if I make an effort to be properly dressed, I don't have to change if I need to run out to Officeworks or hide when the postman comes.

I'm going to share a couple of outfits here, and then share some others in future posts - I think there are a few work from home-related topics to be covered. Be warned, this will frequently mean seeing me out of the pinup gear, no makeup and the dreaded top-knot or bun (we'll talk about that later too). 


I did in fact go out in this outfit. To the hospital to visit my pop.
Who later told Mum that you'd see me coming in a blackout.
Achievement unlocked, I think.
Outfit 1 details
T-shirt: The Mighty Thor
Leggings: Black Milk Tartan Yellow Leggings (Now a museum piece, sorry!)
Shoes: Bam!Pow! flats from Rubi shoes | Similar

Oh hai, no make-up face

Outfit 2 details
T-shirt: Eff Your Beauty Standards shirt from Tess Holliday | Similar
Leggings (not pictured): Black Milk Matte Black leggings



No comments:

Post a Comment